This page is a work-in-progress list of every television or movie appearance by The Avett Brothers' music.
This is 40
- "Live and Die" is featured in a scene of the film during a backyard BBQ, and during the end credits. This is 40 is a 2012 comedy film written and directed by The Avett Brothers fan Judd Apatow. The song also appears on the film's soundtrack.
A Chef's Life
- "Will You Return?" is the opening title theme for the PBS documentary cooking show A Chef's Life. The series follows chef Vivian Howard who returns to her hometown in North Carolina, also home to The Avett Brothers.
Friday Night Lights
- "If It's the Beaches" was featured in the season 2 episode "Leave No One Behind" which aired on February 1, 2008. The song plays when Landry Clarke (Jesse Plemons) kisses Tyra Collette (Adrianne Palicki). The song was also included on the soundtrack album Friday Night Lights Vol. 2.
Men at Work
- "I and Love and You" was featured on in "Pilot" which aired on May 24, 2012. The song closed the episode.
One Tree Hill
- "I and Love and You" was featured in the 7th episode of the seventh season "I and Love and You" which aired on October 26, 2009.
- "Kick Drum Heart" was featured in "Pilot," the first episode of the series which aired on March 2, 2010. The song opens with Peter Krause's Adam Braverman jogging to the music. The song also appears on the album Parenthood (Original Television Soundtrack) which released on August 31, 2010.
- "Slight Figure of Speech" was featured in the 18th episode of the second season "Qualities and Figures" which aired on March 1, 2011.
- "Part From Me" was featured in the 17th episode of the fifth season "Limbo" which aired on March 13, 2014.
- "Open Ended Life" was featured in the 19th episode of the fifth season "Fraud Alert" which aired on March 27, 2014.
World of Jenks
- "Kick Drum Heart" was featured in the first episode of the second season "Live for Today, Pray for Tomorrow" which aired on MTV on March 4, 2013.
- "No Hard Feelings" plays at the end of the second episode of season 2 as the characters make amends, in a way. This show is produced by long time Avett brother fan Judd Apatow.
Other background appearances
- "Head Full of Doubt / Road Full of Promise" was featured as background music on the 10th Season of American Idol.
- The band performed "Head Full of Doubt / Road Full of Promise" live at the 53rd annual Grammy Awards in 2011 on stage with Mumford and Sons and Bob Dylan.
- On November 1, 2012, the band appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live and performed "I and Love and You" with the Brooklyn Philharmonic.
- On February 22, 2013, the band appeared on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon to perform a "Kick Drum Heart"/"Geraldine" medley.
- The Avett Brothers performed an extended cut of "Another is Waiting" with an "Another Youngster" interlude on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on September 23
- "Vanity" was premiered with guest singer Chris Cornell on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on September 30, 2013. The Avetts also performed in a Late Night with Jimmy Fallon skit titled "The Avett Brothers Sing Heavy Metal."
- On October 7, 2013 the band performed "Morning Song" on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
- On November 1, 2013 the band performed a live set before a taping of Late Show With David Letterman which was streamed online. "Part From Me" aired during the episode.
- On December 13, 2013 the band performed on Another Day, Another Time performing their songs "All My Mistakes" and "Head Full of Doubt / Road Full of Promise" and covered "How I Got To Memphis".
- On March 5, 2013 the band performed "Skin and Bones" on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
- "Hard Worker" is the song playing in a May 2013 American Express commercial titled "Making Small Huge".
Corrections? Additions? Edit
This page is created by Avett Brother fans just like you. Click "Edit" to change, add, or remove content. You are encouraged to join in and edit this page!